Tuesday, July 10, 2007

There's always an answer that's simple, quick, and wrong.

My doctor and I had a good conversation this morning. I was prepared, with notes about how things have been and questions about what's ahead. We agreed on one slight change to the meds in the hope that it might help me sleep through the night. (I've been waking at two or three in the morning quite often.) He aslo suggested a couple of other changes, but left it open for a bit more research and reflection. With one medication (Wellbutrin), doubling the dose raises the risk of one particularly nasty side effect, seizures, tenfold.

"This," the doctor said, "is never going to be uncomplicated."

For the past month, I've had more good days than bad. The tough times usually barge in with little warning, but they haven't lasted as long nor have they been as severe. We're encouraged that things are moving very nicely in the right direction.

Of course, if we keep reading, we'll find articles such as this one from the July 3rd edition of the Wall Street Journal.

No comments: