Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sometimes, a cold is just a cold. Sometimes, it has something special.

So, for a week now, I've been laid low with a cold or something more. I've had bronchitis and pneumonia in the past and this feels a bit like those, but not enough for me to call the doctor. I've slept a lot during the day and, generally, at night, too.

The risk comes at the beginning and end of such an illness when we start to think that we can get back to normal (using whatever we consider to be normal these days). The day can start out with good energy and then drop out quickly. While the energy is dropping, I'm still thinking that I can get done the many little things that I've laid out for myself. If I'm not careful, I can start to spiral downward in the frustration. So far, it hasn't been bad. I've felt lousy physically, but my mood has stayed intact. These are the signs of progress that we can celebrate.

No comments: