Monday, November 19, 2007

These tiny halls

It was, by any measure, a rough stretch. After Wednesday's ECT treatment, my body was very sore, particular around my neck and shoulders. This is typically occurs when either I don't receive enough muscle relaxant or when my body, for reasons uncertain, metabolizes the muscle relaxant differently.

In addition, my.mood sank. I had a pair of 6s. We reached my psychiatrist on Friday evening and settled on a plan (increasing my Seroquel) that we hoped would keep me stable until I could see him on Monday (today).

It worked. Sandra and I went to a Thanksgiving farm fest on Saturday. Yesterday, we went to a famer's market, out for brunch, and for a hike in one of our favorite nature preserves.

So, now I'm waiting to see the doctor at his other office in the psych ward of an old hospital. I'm starting the MAO inhibitors. More on this as it goes along.
---
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: