Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Who hid my roads?

One of the truly odd side effects from ECT surfaced when we were going to a family function last weekend. We were going to a part of Worcester that I know quite well. It might have been a year or two since we'd gone to that area, but we used to go there almost weekly for dinner, shopping, visiting, and such. This time, however, from the first road out of our town, nothing was familiar. I was driving and Sandra had to provide turn-by-turn directions, even when we were on Main Street, Park Avenue, or other major roads.

This has happened a few times in other cities or towns, but not consistently. That's the scary part, that it happens unexpectedly, that I get lost on roads that I think that I'll know.

A friend believes that is due to aging, not the ECT. Dunno. I don't think that I got that old that fast.

No comments: