Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Changing of the stethoscopes

I have a new psychiatrist whom I'll see next week. Well, he's not really new. He and another doctor in his office have been providing me with ECT since last November. He's new in the sense that he'll be my primary psychiatrist, the go-to guy for meds and other issues, as well as ECT.

My previous psychiatrist and I got along well and he provided good care, except for the problem that I when I would try to reach him on the phone. Going several days without receiving a return phone call twice put me at too much risk. I canceled an appointment that I'd had scheduled for this week. I don't know yet how I'll let him know that I've fired him. I need to do that soon, but not necessarily today.

There is also some risk for me as I change doctors while my application for disability insurance is making its way through the review process. There are so many twists and shuffles in that process that another probably won't be noticeable.

No comments: