Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's been a quiet week ...

It's a good week when there isn't much to report about depression. I met with an endocrinologist on Monday to see if we can figure out some of my recent lab results, including an elevated parathyroid (PTH) level. I had a follow-on 24-hour calcium test to help determine if this is primary hyperparathyroidism or secondary. Hyperparathyroidism can mimic or exacerbate depression symptoms. Stay tuned.
The endocrinologist also said that she'd never seen glasses as thick as mine.
My sleep has been uneven, although the last couple of nights have been ok. Yesterday, I got frustrated because I wasn't able to solve a problem with one of our websites; a task that should have taken 15 minutes wound up taking maybe three hours. I know that I can't think as clearly as I would like to (or as clearly as I used to), so it's important to be careful about the tasks that I take on.
Still, it's been a pretty good week. I remember two years ago at this time, I had, in addition to deepening symptoms of depression, double pneumonia and malignant melanoma Both of the latter two conditions have been treated successfully.

No comments: