Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Prescriptions in the Twilight Zone

Two-and-a-half weeks ago, I brought a prescription to our local *cough* Rite-Aid *cough* pharmacy. They told me that the insurance company was requiring prior authorization before they'd approve the prescription. The pharmacy contacted my doctor and arranged for the authorization, which was approved last Thursday. I stopped by the pharmacy today and learned that they had no record of the prescription.

None. Nothing.

The pharmacist asked if I was sure that I had brought the prescription to this pharmacy. I assured her that I had and that I had talked with her last Friday about it.

They're gonna call my doctor and request a new prescription. Why am I getting the feeling that we might have to go through the prior authorization rock-climb again?

No comments: