Monday, December 10, 2007

The Neurobiology of Treatment-Resistant Depression

It's easy to get discouraged with the news that "Treatment-resistant unipolar major depression appears to be the rule rather than the exception." The Neurobiology of Treatment-Resistant Depression

Nevertheless, we keep going. The Emsam is showing good results so far. I haven't more good than tough days, even though I haven't slept well the last two nights. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Thursday; we'll discuss the option of increasing the dosage. My biggest concern with the increased dosage is that the dietary restrictions come into play at the next level. It's an odd world when bananas and raisins are proscribed, but Cheez Whiz is permitted. I'm probably going to have to stay away from Chinese food because anything worth eating is made with soy sauce. Of course, we might conclude that I should stay at this dosage for a while longer, making dinner safe for hot and sour soup.

No comments: