Monday, October 29, 2007

Some days don't have much of a chance

It probably would have been ok if I'd slept just a few hours because I had stayed up to watch the Red Sox win the series last night. Not so, however. I went to sleep around 10, when they were up 2-0. I woke around 2:30 and listened to the radio for a while before getting up. The BBC bemusedly reported that the Red Sox had won the "World Series" when the teams in Major League Baseball are all from North America.

Anyway, I woke after just a few hours of sleep, felt alright until about 8, and then, well, tried to get the day started. I did some grocery shopping mid-day, did some laundry, took care of a few small chores, but stumbled around with little energy, enthusiasm, or focus. It was a beautiful day - sunny and fresh after a hard frost overnight. We'd had a wonderful weekend. So, it was pretty much just about the sleep.

Oh, and I missed an appointment with my therapist. I had the appointment in my calendar at 4PM, but it was really at 3. All the way there, I thought that it would be a short visit because I was too tired to engage in anything of substance. Dunno if I sabotaged myself or not.

I have an 8AM dentist appointment tomorrow. I'd like to think that the day can't help but be better after that, but I know it ain't necessarily so.

No comments: