Wednesday, March 12, 2008

For varying values of spring

Although the vernal equinox doesn't take place until next week, March is often classified as a spring month. We're finding, however, that someone forgot to tell Mother Nature. We had a brief burst of snow this morning, enough to cover the ground. The temperature has risen enough to melt most of it, but there's another storm in the forecast for the weekend.

After all the hoopla regarding medications, I think we've found a mix that works pretty well:

  • Sonata, for sleep. (This was the one that took several weeks of preapproval brouhaha.)
  • Seroquel, a mood stablizer that also helps with sleep.
  • Emsam, the MAOI patch.
I'm sleeping through the night most of the time. Well, I do wake up, but have been able to get back to sleep until a reasonable hour. I still need a nap most days, but my mood, energy, and cognition have all improved. My BDI numbers this week put me in the moderate depression category, the best that I've had this year.

Next Monday, I'm going to meet with a new therapist. Although I like my current therapist, I'm not feeling as though we're getting anywhere new. I'll see how I like the new guy, a pastoral counselor with a D. Min., before I make any permanent changes.

No comments: