Thursday, March 27, 2008

The first year

Next week marks the end of my year out of work. There's no doubt that I'm much better than I was. As I review the year's numbers, I also get the feeling that I underestimated how out of it I was. Now, as I have several good days in a row, I can see that I'm a long way away from being able to do the kind of work that I used to do.

Along those lines, I received a note from the Social Security Administration regarding a program called Ticket to Work. Briefly, the program offers an array of services to help disabled people find a path to work. It could be full- or part-time doing what you did before something new. I called the local agency, Mass. Rehab., to get the process underway. They have a six-month waiting period for new services, but at least I'm in the queue.

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist this afternoon, mostly to review meds. After all the trouble we had getting the prescription for Sonata, I haven't been impressed by what it's done for me. We'll twiddle the dials, but, overall, I'm doing ok.

No comments: