Monday, July 23, 2007

When last I wrote ...

I noted that I was having a tough time after my ECT last Monday. Well, the tough time stretched out for pretty much the whole week. I've been able to do physical work, such as filling my car with wood from my father's house, bringing it home, and stacking it in our back yard. That's been good work. I try to remember to put the wood bark-side up so that the rain will run off.

The rest of the time I try to work on tasks that are similarly focused. I'm making my way through the paperwork needed to apply for Social Security disability. I have most of the information that I need. I'm waiting for reports from my doctors and I'll need to get a copy of my birth certificate. With some good luck, I might be able to file my claim this week.

I made a promise to my doctor that I wouldn't become a viewer of the Jerry Springer Show because my doctor said that he's seen other patients deteriorate after even a few episodes. I did watch the Fox News Channel while I was having my lunch today. Mr Springer is going to have to step it up a notch if he's going to keep pace with these folks. I turned off the TV and tried to read the rest of the Sunday papers.

Overall, the toughest part is trying to deal with multiple activities that require decisions, what's call multitasking by some workers and context-shifting by nerds. If I can schedule one thing at time, I can usually keep my feet under me. Additional things to do, however, don't always have the courtesy of stepping nicely into the queue. And then, well, here I am again.

No comments: